This slow cooker recipe is an ideal weeknight or overnight meal. The shredded pork makes for excellent tacos, enchiladas, barbecue sandwiches, and more. This simple recipe highlights and celebrates the rich flavors of pastured pork Boston Butt.
- Place the Boston Butt in the slow cooker and add onions, chipotles, brown sugar, and garlic salt.
- Add the lime juice and vinegar. If the liquid is less than halfway up the side of the pork, consider adding up to a cup of water.
- Cook the pork 4-6 hours on high heat, or 6-8 hours on low heat, turning once.
- When the pork is falling apart, remove it from the slow cooker, retaining the liquid from cooking. Shred the pork.
- Spread thin layers of the shredded pork on a baking sheet and add a few spoonfuls of the retained liquid. Broil under high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The pork should get slightly crispy edges, but not burn.
- Serve the pork in taco shells, between buns, or in enchiladas.