When first experiencing this recipe, we were extremely skeptical, but found that this surprising grilled chicken marinade yields the most juicy, tender chicken, with minimal effort. Don't worry about the extra calories the marinade adds, since most will cook off on the grill.
½ a cup of mayonnaise
½ tsp of powdered garlic
¼ tsp of smoked paprika
¼ tsp of thyme
1-2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chicken thighs, chicken wings, or chicken drumsticks
- Add mayonnaise, garlic, paprika, and thyme to a mixing bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Add chicken and toss until the pieces are completely covered in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Remove from marinade, gently shaking the chicken to remove excess liquid, then grill over medium-high heat until the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove from heat, and tent with aluminum foil to allow the chicken to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.