Try our cubed ham in this delicious quiche recipe. A light dusting of mustard powder uplifts this rich, fluffy quiche. Serve our ham and cheese quiche warm or cold, paired with a light salad, and chilled white wine.
1 pie crust, unbaked
1 1/2 cups of cubed ham
1 ½ cups of shredded Swiss or Emmental cheese
4 teaspoons of all-purpose flour
5 large pastured eggs
1 cup of milk
¼ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of dried mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your pie crust in a pie dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the shredded cheese and flour together until the strands are lightly coated.
- Sprinkle this mixture evenly in the bottom of the pie crust. Then add the cubed ham.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and dried mustard until fully combined.
- Gently pour this mixture evenly over the cheese and ham.
- Place thin strips of aluminum foil over the exposed pie crust to keep it from burning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to an hour, until the crust is golden brown, the filling is set, and a knife inserted will come out clean.