This easy weeknight meal lightly accentuates the delicious natural flavors of our heritage pastured pork chops. Serve this delicious meal with potatoes and a green salad for a lovely, balanced meal.
6 pork chops
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ -2 cups of panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup of finely grated parmesan or asiago cheese
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Set up two shallow bowls or pasta plates. Add the beaten eggs to one.
- In the other add the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, and garlic salt and mix until combined.
- Dredge the pork chops one at a time on both sides in the egg mixture, allowing excess egg to fall off.
- Then dredge the pork chops in the breadcrumb mixture on all sides, shaking lightly to remove excess crumbs.
- Heat about half of the olive oil in a stainless steel or cast-iron skillet at medium-high heat until the oil shimmers.
- Cook the pork chops 2-3 at a time, depending on the size of the pork chops and your pan without crowding the meat.
- Cook the pork chops until the breadcrumb crust is lightly browned and the chops are cooked through, flipping halfway through.