Chorizo is a delicious kitchen staple that adds a delicious protein base to many dishes, including your favorite TexMex meals and many breakfast favorites. This quick skillet hash is a delightfully balanced breakfast to start your day with plenty of energy.
1 lb. Pastured Pork Chorizo Sausage
3-4 Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 Onion, diced
2-3 Multicolored bell peppers, diced.
3-4 Pastured chicken eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large cast-iron skillet on medium heat, begin cooking the onions, potatoes, and chorizo, stirring occasionally and breaking up the chorizo.
- As the onions begin to caramelize and the chorizo is nearly cooked through, add in the diced bell peppers, and continue cooking until the potatoes are crispy, the onions are transparent and completely caramelized, and the chorizo is completely cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, such as adding salt, garlic powder, or hot sauce to taste.
- Leaving the hash in the skillet, crack eggs onto the top of the mixture, then add to the oven.
- Depending on your preferred doneness, cook the hash with the eggs for 8-12 minutes, checking the eggs periodically until the whites are completely opaque and the yolk is cooked to your preference. Remove from the oven and serve.