Equipment Operator - FL
Sonny’s Farm - FL:
Sonny’s Farm aims to become the source of premiere, highest-quality, nutrient-dense food while building a community of people that are passionate about health, animals, sustainability, biodiversity, and natural beauty.
The farm is located on a 1400 acre property near Crestview, Florida. We are in early stages of building significant infrastructure and are looking for an experienced equipment operator. You will be working together with the farm team on forest management (selectively removing trees and mulching), installing culverts and waterlines, creating ponds to give a few examples.
This position will be full time with weekend work available. This is a fantastic opportunity to come in and be part of building a farm that values health, nature, animals and people as its core.
- Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company's operating safety policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance.
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers.
- Ensure company equipment, material, and the work site are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner.
- Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation.
- Five years minimum experience in operation of heavy equipment.
- Ability to pull trailers.
- Large excavator & mini excavator experience.
- Operates heavy equipment in safe and effective manner.
- Must be able to physically work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Must have a valid Drivers License.
- Forestry equipment experience
- Mulcher experience
- Feller and buncher experience
- General construction abilities/knowledge